Saturday, October 3, 2009

Enchanted.

Enchanted


I remember how your face looked when I first met you in person.

We didn’t speak directly, but I felt your gaze on me.

I was instantly drawn to you, even before I heard you speak.

And the moment I heard your voice, some switch in me was flipped.

You were so informal, so familiar, so intimate.

It was as if we had already met, like you knew me from another life.

And it was indescribable, the way you made me feel--

The looks you gave me, the way you stood near me, your tone of voice.

You enchanted me somehow, drew me close and kept me there.

All without ever telling me the truth, without ever being serious.

I still don’t know your true feelings then.

But I know my own.

And every moment I breathe that is not in your presence,

I feel it is a breath wasted.

I long to sense you near and feel your gaze upon me.

I yearn to feel enchanted,

And held within your arms.


Edited 10.3.09 @ 11:31 PM

Originally Written 8.9.05 @ 9:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment