Monday, October 5, 2009

The Attack and the Decay: Part 1.

For the next several entries I will be doing a series of installments of a short story I began a few years ago (but never finished). I hope you all enjoy.


The Attack and the Decay: Part 1


THE RED LIGHT FLASHES. It’s the pulse of my heart. It follows me exactly. Thump-thump-thump. Blink-blink-blink. Thump-thump. Blink-blink. A few more seconds of this and my mind will be forced to wake up from this mummified state. How I hate the mornings now. They used to be my favorite. Back when they meant the smell of bacon, Sunday music, and smiling faces in the kitchen. Those were the good times. But I walk into my cooking area now and see nothing but the cold steel of my cookware. The emptiness of peach-tinted walls. The sad images of a childhood long-gone. I weep inside. But the daily grind leaves no room for sentiment. “Carry on. Carry on.”


[...TO BE CONTINUED...]


Edited 10.4.09 @ 11:55 PM

Originally Written 6.28.06 @ 5:41 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment